“History You Can Own,” a unique Gallery experience, has attracted visitors and buyers of nearly every age with its varied collection of authentic American artifacts. While many of the items are from America’s political past, interspersed throughout the two Galleries, one at Rockwell Art & Framing in Westport and the other at C. Parker Gallery in Greenwich, are authentic items from pop culture which will be the focus of the two locations throughout January.
All of the items in “History You Can” Own are available for purchase; some for as little as $250 while others, such as Ernest Hemingway’s typewriter, are available for as much as $100,000. Items include:
- Muhammad Ali’s robe worn while in training for his June 30, 1975 World Heavyweight Championship fight
- Albert Einstein signed letter discounting ‘God’s love’ as an Explanation for the Universe
- Ernest Hemingway’s typewriter used to write his last book
- Joe DiMaggio’s baseball style athletic shirt
- Grateful Dead signed guitar
- Marilyn Monroe’s copy of her final script of her last movie “Something’s Got to Give"
- Andy Warhol twice signed book titled “Andy Warhol’s Exposures” – the first book co-published by Andy Warhol Books
- Truman Capote’s blue-and-white checkered vest worn in the famous photograph which appeared on the back dust jacket of his first published novel, “Other Voices, Other Rooms”
- John F. Kennedy gift of a baby doll and table given to Jacqueline Kennedy on the occasion of the birth of John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Princess Diana autographed letter signed on her 27th birthday to a close friend
- Walt Disney signed Courvoisier color cel set up from the beloved 1945 feature “Three Caballeros”
Various Beatles' autographed paraphernalia will also be on view and for sale. Items can be viewed at both Gallery locations and inventory changes on a regular basis. The C. Parker Gallery is located on 17 East Putnam Road in Greenwich, Connecticut (203-253-0934) and the Westport gallery of Rockwell Art & Framing is located at 236 Post Road East (203-227-1800). Special showings of other items can also be arranged by appointment.
For February the theme in the Galleries will be Presidential in honor of President’s Day and items will include rare signed documents and artifacts from numerous U.S. presidents.
“History You Can Own” is a collaboration between Seth Kaller of Seth Kaller, Inc. in White Plains, John Reznikoff of University Archives in Westport and Stephen Rockwell Desloge, owner of the six Rockwell Galleries in Fairfield County as well as Tiffany Benincasa owner of the C. Parker Gallery in Greenwich.