OCEANSIDE NY's school kids, grades K-8 need us. Hurricane Sandy ruined their school among other impacts. Many families lost everything.
We're going to help them get back to school! They need basic school supplies, books and educational toys… and our notes of comfort too...
WHAT IS NEEDED?:
* Basic school supplies, for example: paper (lined, blank, graph and construction), notebooks, pocket folders, #2 pencils, crayons, colored pencils, pencil sharpeners (hand-held), erasers, glue sticks, white glue bottles, scotch tape, ballpoint pens, washable markers, highlighters, scissors (blunt and pointed), rulers, staplers & staples, plastic pencil boxes or zippered pencil cases/pouches, post-It notes...
* Toys for school. Grades K-8.
* Drop off locations:
- in CT: Our Lady of Fatima School in Wilton (225 Danbury Road) and 106 Chestnut Hill Rd in Norwalk.
- in NY: Stephanie’s Kloset, 1923 Palmer Ave, Larchmont NY 10538.
* Mail address: Stephanie's Kloset, 1923 Palmer Ave, Larchmont NY 10538.
* Tax deductible donation, and we'll buy the items for you: online: http://www.thenolatree.org/donate/ or mail your check or money order to The NOLA Tree, P.O. Box 114, Larchmont, NY 10538 (make it payable to "The NOLA Tree")
12-16th of November... NOW!
We will drive to Larchmont on Friday (16th) with all the donations collected.
INFO, PICTURES, UPDATES, FOLLOW THE PROJECT…:
Find us on Facebook: “Oceanside Sandy Help” (no FB account required), we'll be posting updates from the non profit “The NOLA Tree” in Oceanside and this drive we're running from CT to help them.
More info about “The NOLA Tree” on their website (www.thenolatree.org) and also their Facebook page (“thenolatree”).
Next Saturday (17th) The NOLA Tree with their volunteers will go back to Oceanside to deliver these donations directly to the schools-no intermediaries! The schools principals asked them directly and specifically about their needs last weekend, when they were there helping and feeding people.
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
**********Thank you so much :-)*************