Christmas is quickly approaching, which means less and less time to get that perfect gift for family members, friends, bosses, co-workers and even Secret Santa’s. I usually hear people having conversations over not knowing what to get for a particular person on their list or what do you get for someone that has everything. A lot of people want to get something “different” this year, instead of the usual Gift Certificate to Dunkin Donuts or a tie or shirt. So, I have come up with a great list of gift ideas that are not only different, but made locally here in Connecticut and I’ll bet anything the gift receiver will LOVE their gift! (Pictures are included, but separate from the post.) To view the entire blog post and see the complete list of my gift ideas, please copy and paste - http://buylocallyct.com/your-local-holiday-gift-guide/.
Here are some fun ideas:
- Let’s start off with Stoneware by Krisa. I really think that Krisa’s pottery is very unique. Not only is it microwavable, it’s also dishwasher friendly and these beautiful pottery pieces are of high quality, so you can be rest assured that they will last forever. Stoneware by Krisa creates beautiful mugs that can personalized, bowls of all kinds, old fashioned-classic looking water pitcher’s, vases, dessert trays and so much more. Anyone would be happy to receive Krisa’s one of a kind pottery. Stoneware by Krisa also has pottery classes for kids and adults. You can purchase Krisa’s pottery this Saturday at the Norfield Grange Winter Farmers’ Market in Weston from 10-2pm. To view all of Krisa’s Stoneware, you can go to stonewarebykrisa.com. Please "Like" on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/StonewareByKrisa to stay updated on new products, specials and events.
- I LOVE Carissa Black Bags! They are beautifully made with vibrant colors and high quality fabrics. Handmade by the way, also all one of a kind. Move over Vera Bradley, Carissa Black Bags are here! Not only are there purses, but there’s a whole line of make-up bags with wipeable inside lining, jewelry roll-ups, messenger bags, ipad covers, belts and more. Any young girl or woman would love to open a present and see this in the box. I know I would! Even if you have some extra fabric laying around or see in a store, Carissa Black Bags will custom make your idea. To view more of her work, you can go to carissablack.com. Please "Like" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carissa-Black/50535362034 to keep up with Carissa's new bags!
- Next in my guide of different gift ideas is from That’s-Sew-Cute. Handmade with love are exactly what That’s-Sew-Cute is all about. Soft and beautiful handmade blankets, afghans, baby and toddler dresses and even a new line of Christmas items. The most adorable crochet reindeer and little monkey hats I’ve ever seen. You and your family/friends will fall in love with her line and will want to enjoy her beautiful products all year long, just as if your grandmother had made them herself. To see more of That’s-Sew-Cute line, you can go to thats-sew-cute.com. Please "Like" on Facebook - That’s-Sew-Cute for new creations.
- Did you know... 50 times a week, a child is backed over and killed? I think knowing this statistic is important in introducing my next gift idea. Back Up Better – Vehicle Safetly Products helps to prevent the amount of back over incidents. I can honestly say, that having these small, inexpensive products in my car have really been helpful. Not only do these products increase my view by 80% each time I back out of my driveway, but they have also helped when I couldn’t see my niece in my regular field of view as well as my dogs, a short cement post and other things that happen to be behind my car. These are wonderful to give as a gift, especially to grandparents, other parents, teacher gifts or just thoughtful stocking stuffers. If you would like to find out more information or to see what products they’ve created, you can go to backupbetter.com. Please "Like" on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/backupbetter to help spread the word about this horrifying statistic and let's change it together!
- Hair barrettes, clips, headbands and even sweet looking winter bunny hats make a perfect gift for your daughter or your friends daughters or even for your nieces. The Enchanted Ribbon creates very small quantities of each piece so that they really are very special to have. You won’t find anything like it anywhere else. All handmade and unique, this is truly a great gift to give. To see more of The Enchanted Ribbon Collection, you can go to etsy.com/shop/TheEnchantedRibbons. I would hurry, most her items sell quickly, especially since they’re made in small amounts at a time. Please "Like" on Facebook “Click Here to Like” to keep up with Renee's new products
Well there you have it. These are some of my favorite products I’m sharing for your Holiday Gift Ideas that are made locally, but this isn't the full list of unique ideas. To view my entire list of unique gifts, please go to http://buylocallyct.com/your-local-holiday-gift-guide/. Not only are these ideas different to give, they’re also local and you can feel good about supporting local businesses this year. If you like something in particular, please go to their website and also “Like” them on Facebook. Don’t forget to mention that BuyLocallyCT.com sent you! Please “LIKE” us on FB to stay updated on new local products and what’s happening in Connecticut – facebook.com/pages/BuyLocallyCT.
Some other great places I enjoy going to, to get more gift ideas is at the Sono Market Place in Norwalk, CT. This is an inside local artisan flea market and is just beautiful to walk around and try treats from local bakeries and meet local artists and candle makers and 43 other local businesses.
Happy Holiday’s everyone! If you would like me to write about you and what you’re doing to “Keep it Local,” please contact me, Carissa at buylocallyCT@gmail.com or 203-223-0127.