Due to poor overnight conditions, classes for students are canceled today. Teacher professional development will begin at noon . Administrative offices will open at 10:30 [a.m.].
The tentative last day of school has now changed to Wednesday, June 18, 2014.Roads and walkways are icy after Thursday night's rain and freezing temperatures overnight. Here's the New Canaan-specific forecast from the National Weather Service (as of 6:56 a.m.):
- Friday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. West wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light northwest after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly between 10am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Light northeast wind becoming north 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 17 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. West wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Monday (Washington's Birthday): Increasing clouds, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 50%.