The advisory is for southern Connecticut and the Hudson Valley region where snow is expected to begin falling towards the end of the morning rush hour and continue into the afternoon, according to the weather service. Heavy bands of snow could reduce visibility to about a half-mile.
The snow is expected to taper off during the afternoon rush hour, according to the advisory.
Here is the forecast for the remainder of the week:
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Most YMCA classes are canceled today, though the facility itself is currently still open.
What do things look like where you are? Share your snow photos with us on Facebook!