[Editor's Note: Get all your New Canaan news and information—photos, road closures, outages, openings and closings—here in New Canaan News Hub for Winter Storm Nemo.]
(Own a business in New Canaan? Tell us in the comments thread below whether you're open or closed, and I'll update this section.)
- Red Grape Wine and Spirits is open to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.
and Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Elm Street Books is closed Saturday and will reopen 12 p.m. Sunday.
- Fishtales Seafood is open from 12 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Rosie is open as of 10:30 a.m. Saturday—great place for breakfast.
- New Canaan Diner—voted the best diner in town by Patch readers—is open.
- Mackenzie's opening at 12 p.m.—get yourself a paper!
- Zumbachs—chosen by New Canaan Patch readers as the best cup of coffee in town—is open as of 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Station Eats opening up at 12:30 p.m. today. (We're told this month's shake is Tiramisu and burger of the month is the Ruben Burger.)
- Walter Stewart's Market and Stewart's Spirits will close at 4 p.m. Friday and open Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Here's the latest on New Canaan's two longest-running pizza places—Joe's and New Canaan Pizza. Joe's will open at 4 p.m. today and plans to do delivery but says call first, and New Canaan Pizza had planned to open at 11 a.m. Saturday as usual.
- Swirl is closed Saturday, the tasty treat provider told us via Twitter. Sunday update to come.
- Starbucks is closed and plans to open at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Le Pain Quotidien likely will stay open until 5 p.m. Friday and plans to open at 7 a.m. Saturday.
- Tony's Deli is open until 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Village Critter Outfitter, owned by our local pet expert, is closed as of 2 p.m. Friday.
- Aetheria Spa is closed for the day Friday, our friends there tell us on Twitter.
- Candy Nichols opening at 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
- La Malle Couture is opening at 12 p.m. Saturday.
NONPROFITS, COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- The New Canaan Nature Center is closed Saturday.
- New Canaan Library will be closed Saturday, the organization said through its Twitter account.
- The at 12 p.m. Friday, also will be closed all day Saturday, the organization said in an email.
- According to an email from First Selectman Rob Mallozzi issued to town employees Thursday afternoon, town offices will be closed Feb. 8 due to the impending snow storm for all non-essential staff.
- The New Canaan Transfer Station will be closed on Saturday due to the storm, according to Jim Rogers, Superintendent of the New Canaan WPCF/Transfer Station.
- The New Canaan Post Office as of 12:20 p.m. Friday planned to stay open as usual—until 5 p.m.
- Public: New Canaan Public Schools are closed Friday.
- Private: St. Luke's School canceled school Friday.