- The first annual and the inauguration of the Sculpture Walk will take place on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. "The day will be filled with flash concerts by New York City based Asphalt Orchestra; Liz Joyce presenting her hilarious and contemporary Punch and Judy; a pottery sale of wonderful works made by the faculty and students of the School of Art; artist demonstrations; and hands-on art activities for children and adults." This event is free and open to the public.
- The PTC will launch its annual Magazine Drive on Friday. "The magazine drive and accompanying Donation Program support 50 percent of the Saxe PTC annual budget. This is an exciting fundraiser for the students and the school. Anyone can order on-line to support the school. Both new and renewed subscriptions are available. To order on-line, visit QSP.com and enter Saxe's school #: 425000506."
- As part of National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, will be giving Wednesday from 5 to 6 p.m. to men between the ages of 50 and 70 with no insurance or no primary care physician.
- The Bank of New Canaan will host an exhibit of New Canaan resident and landscape architect . It will be on display at the Elm Street branch this Thursday through the end of October.
- There will be a Town of New Canaan Board of Selectmen Meeting Tuesday at 9 a.m. in the Town Hall Board Room.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something