- It's your last week to catch the Roberto Dutesco Art Show, , at the new Samuel Owen Gallery in Greenwich. The show will be on display through Sunday, July 17. "Approximately 20 to 30 pieces of photographic study of Sable Island, Nova Scotia will be on exhibit, featuring his captures of the location’s wild horses and uninhabited landscapes. Pieces will also be available for sale after the show runs." Gallery hours are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
- Tomorrow the New Canaan Library will host Kevin Plancher, MD and Joseph Bellapianta, MD of Plancher Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. During this free lecture they will speak on "new techniques on and giving anecdotes on cures that have worked for their own patients." Sponsored by the Orthopedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles and the Arthritis Foundation. If you would like to be part of the lecture please RSVP. Refreshments and snacks will be served.
- Garden writer and contributor to the New York Times, invites you to explore with her some enchanting gardens of Connecticut, some which are private. She will also discuss the "pitfalls, and challenges of gardening in Connecticut." The lecture will take place at in Norwalk at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. this Wednesday.
- : America's premier post-classical string quartet will perform at 8 p.m. this Friday at . The group "invigorates contemporary concert music with refreshing exuberance, fierce intensity, imaginative programming and exceptional artistry."$30 for members and $40 for non-members. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged.
- What's better than Johnny Depp on the big screen? Johnny Depp on an IMAX six-story screen. This Friday “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” opens at . Tickets for the IMAX Theater are $11.50 for adults, $10.50 for seniors 65+ and $9.50 for children 2-12. Members receive $1 discounts. Tickets can be purchased in advance on their website.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something