2011 Norwalk Boat show has docked, plus more.
- Meet Author Joan Lownds and get a copy of her book, The book follows the case of George Smith IV who vanished from his honeymoon cruise in July of 2005. The tragedy caught the nations attention and will again in this tale. 12 to 2:30 p.m. at Elm Street Books on Saturday.
- The has docked at the The event will run until Sunday - open until 6 p.m. daily. Some highlights this year are Josh Harris from Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch!, Abby Sunderland who set out on a quest to become the youngest solo sailor ever to circumnavigate the globe and the ever fun and popular Kids Cove. In the market for a boat? Then stop by All Seasons Marine Works, which has the largest land display of boats at the show. $14 adults, 15 and younger are free. You can buy tickets directly from on Patch.
- On Sunday Flutist Jane Shelly and Pianist Sara Kohane will present a musical program at the . Admission is free but donations will be gratefully accepted. A reception will follow the program.
- Do you or a family member have any in the medicine cabinet? Then bring them to the and place them in the drop box in the front lobby. No questions asked.
- Register now for the , Sunday, Oct. 2 at Calf Pasture Beach. The event raises funds for Alzheimer research, programs and services here in CT. As stated in the ALZ website, "Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the country and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed. There are nearly 15 million Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers providing 17 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $202 billion." Donate, walk or volunteer and help everyone affected by this disease.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now