- is Sunday, Oct. 9 at Calf Pasture Beach. Form a group and walk, donate or just volunteer. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m.
- Get your flu shot on Sunday from 1-3:30 p.m. during the New Canaan Health Department Seasonal Flu Clinic at Saxe Middle School in the main gym. $30 for those paying by cash, check, debit card, MasterCard or VISA. Medicare will be billed at the allowable rate. No appointment necessary.
- There is still time to register for the 2nd annual Spokes Ride. The event - founded by former New Canaan resident Jeremy Brittain and his wife Tanya - benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday, you have a choice of riding the 12, 20 or 50 mile bike route. Ride for yourself, someone you know or for one of the millions that are battling or have been defeated by this disease. Not a rider? Then how about donating to the cause.
- Head over to Friday night for the beginning of their Halloween events. Eloise's Rawther Unusual Halloween will be the first movie in the Hay Bale Theater - the transformed Hoedown grill. Seating begins at 6:30 p.m. and the movie begins at 7 p.m.
- . The new convention for webcomics will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Dolce Hotel and Resort. $30 per person for the weekend or $20 per person for the day.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something