New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps and the New Canaan YMCA present “Hands For Life New Canaan”.
Join us on Sunday, April 7 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the New Canaan YMCA and receive free training in Hands Only CPR and AED. The training process only takes 15 minutes, but will empower community members to take action when someone is suffering from a heart attack and help save lives.
All are encouraged to attend and no advance registration is required!
The goal of the event is to provide as many community members as possible with the confidence and skills to act when they see someone suffering from cardiac arrest.
Administering Hands Only CPR helps maintain blood flow to vital organs until help arrives and therefore, increases chances of survival.
- Each year 785,000 Americans suffer from a heart attack.
- Nearly 300,000 of these victims will suffer sudden cardiac arrest at the time of their heart attack, outside a hospital setting.
- Less than one in four receives CPR from a bystander, and only about five percent of cardiac arrest victims survive.
- Studies show survival rates fall 10 percent each minute without CPR before emergency medical assistance, often with a fatal outcome.
- Sadly, most adults feel helpless to act during a cardiac emergency, because they do not know how to administer CPR, do not feel confident in their skills, or are afraid.
- Experts agree that if more people knew how to provide effective, simple-to-apply Hands Only CPR, more victims could be helped instantly, doubling or even tripling their chances of survival.
For additional information, visit www.handsforlifenewcanaan.com