Today is Fairfield County Giving Day, and it's an opportunity to give a financial boost to your favorite charities and nonprofit organizations.
For 24 hours — until midnight tonight — the Fairfield County Community Foundation (FCCF) and its funding partner, Bank of America, are offering up $100,000 in prize money to more than 300 nonprofits. According to FCCF, the goal of this online, 24-hour day of giving, is to raise $1 million for more than 300 nonprofits throughout the region.
There are several New Canaan organizations participating:
- Arts for Healing Inc.
- Kids Empowered By Your Support, Inc.
- Magical Music for Life Foundation Inc.
- New Canaan Historical Society
- New Canaan Society for the Arts Inc.
- Silvermine Guild of Artists, Inc.
- Staying Put in New Canaan Inc.
- Strays & Others Inc.
- Waveny Care Center Inc.
There also will be awards made to organizations that raise the most money by 10 a.m. and those that raise the most money.