If you'd like to dine out on on New Year's Eve, the New Canaan restaurant scene offers something for every preference, and these establishments all report it's not too late to book a table:
Dining and Dancing 'Til Dawn, Almost
- has a two seatings, and the later one, at 9 p.m. offers a three-course dinner, a live band and champagne toast at midnight. $115 per person, jackets required for gentlemen.
- has two seatings as well and their second includes a five-course tasting menu, a prosecco toast at midnight and dancing with a dj. $175 per person, it begins at 9 p.m. and ends at 2 a.m. "when we have to close."
Prix-Fixe Dining, No Dancing, Home Before Midnight
- The early seating at The Tuscan could fill the bill. From 6:30 p.m. 'til 8:30 p.m., this seating includes the same five-course menu as their later seating for $125 per person.
- The Roger Sherman offers an earlier seating as well, with the same menu as their second seating. The evening begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 8:30 p.m.
- is serving a three-course dinner at 9 p.m. for $100 per person. Arrive at 8 p.m. to enjoy an assortment of hors d'oeuvres before dinner. BYOB.
Your Favorite Restaurant, Your Schedule
- is offering their regular menu, and they promise "every night's special."
- has their regular menu, plus they're planning something special as well.
- will be open until 9 p.m.
- 's kitchen is open until 10 p.m.
- is open as usual.