UPDATE: Jan. 23, 4:55pm
announced Monday that the cause of the fire at the Fawn Lane home of Dan and Peggy Lee was, the "improper disposal of smoking materials in trash can on deck in back of home." In an email to Patch, Baker said the can was a plastic household wastebasket.
UPDATE: Jan. 18, 9:38am
Elaine Lloyd commented on the original story about the Fawn Lane fire with a link to a web page for the Lee Family Fund. She also asked that anyone interested in contributing photos contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: Jan. 17, 4:30 p.m.
The Bank of New Canaan has established a fund to assist the Lee family, who lost their home on Fawn Lane, in a fire Sunday.
Kevin Randall, of the bank, commented on the original story:
'The Bank of New Canaan has established the Dan and Peggy Lee Family Fund.
Please join us in helping our neighbors and their children in this time of extreme need. We are accepting checks or cash at both of our branches. 208 Elm Street & 156 Cherry Street. ( Please make checks out to the Lee Family Fund).'
The cause of the Sunday morning fire that destroyed the home of Daniel B. Lee at 43 Fawn Lane is under investigation, according to .
Baker said in an email that cold weather created challenges for the firefighters, specifically icing, and that yesterday's wind was also a factor. He praised neighbors who were able to shelter the displaced residents of the home.
responded Sunday at 11:26 a.m. and were assisted by crews from Norwalk, Wilton, Weston, Ridgefield, and Pound Ridge, N.Y., Karl said, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Town records state that the home, which was purchased in 1996 by Daniel B. Lee for $472,500, was a split-level home of just more than 2300 square feet.