Several New Canaan residents have been recognized for their academic achievements and have earned degrees from colleges and universities around the country.
The following town residents were awarded degrees during Salve Regina University's 64th commencement:
- Margaret Jones was awarded a Bachelor of Science in Special Education cum laude.
- Cristina Murray was awarded a Bachelor of Science in Special Education.
Taylor White has been named to the University of Dayton Dean's List for the 2014 spring semester.
Grace Duncan, a member of the class of 2016 at Washington and Lee University, has earned honor roll status for the recently ended winter term 2013.
Franklin & Marshall College has announced that the following students have been named to the Dean's and Honors List for the Fall 2013 semester:
- Clara Dannemann, daughter of Margaret J. Dannemann and Eric W. Dannemann, and a graduate of New Canaan High School.
- Malloury Hall, daughter of Timothy Scott Hall and Katherine Wolcott Hall, and a graduate of New Canaan High School.
- Elizabeth Skae, daughter of Elizabeth A. Skae and Richard A. Skae, and a graduate of Spring Ridge Academy.
- Leah Taben, daughter of Eve L. Taben and Charles L. Taben, and a graduate of New Canaan High School.
Hampden-Sydney College student Chris Hagedorn, graduated with a bachelor of arts degree in economics. He is the son of Chris and Cyndi Hagedorn.