Grilled Flank Steak
Barbecue weekend is here! Here is a tried and true Grilled Flank Steak recipe. The key is the marinade so it take a little planning ahead. Fire up those grills this Memorial Day Weekend even if it is raining!
- 2 Pounds Flank Steak
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 4 Chopped Shallots
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl combine the garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, toasted sesame oil, hot sauce, kosher salt, brown sugar and chopped shallots.
- Mix well.
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade in the bag over the steak.
- Press out the excess air and turn the bag around to get the steak coated.
Refrigerate overnight turning the bag occasionally.
- To grill the steak: Remove the steak from the refrigerator and remove from the bag.
- Place on a large plate and let sit for 45 minutes to room temperature.
- Prepare the grill to a medium hot fire. Grill the steak for 6 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Remove from the grill and transfer to a cutting board.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice against the grain. Transfer to a serving platter.