- Head to the New Canaan Library Monday
to check out their new ArtScapades installment, brought to the
organization by Friends of the New Canaan Library. "This lecture
explains how Realism moved away from historical and
literary themes towards common, ordinary subjects. Works by Corot,
Daumier, Millet, Courbet and Bonheur will be presented," according to this listing on New Canaan Patch.
- Looking for some football but can't wait for all the Turkey Bowls and pro teams on television Thursday. Check out the Boys & Girls Club/Buffalo Wild Wings Allstars Flag Football Superbowl Tuesday at 6:15 p.m. at Chelsea Piers CT.
- It's Albanian Flag Day Wednesday, so if you're looking for a cultural celebration to kick off the holidays early, head to the Stamford Government Center at 3:45 p.m. to take part in "the 101st year of independence for Albania. The ceremony will include cultural activities and distinguished guest speakers," according to this listing on Greenwich Patch.
- Also on Wednesday, hit up the 10th annual New
Canaan High School Men's Alumni Soccer Game at 5 p.m.at Dunning Field.
All current and former varsity players and coaches are welcome,
according to this listing on New Canaan Patch.
- Thursday is Thanksgiving. Spend it with family. And remember family isn't just blood-born. Take some time to visit with the people you are thankful for today, and save the holiday shopping for tomorrow.
- For something fun before you sit down to dinner, head to Rowayton for the annual Turkey Trot at 9 a.m. Thursday, a family-friendly 5k or 1 mile event, and preemptively burn off some of those calories. Proceeds benefit the Rowayton Library. For more information and registration fees, check out this listing on Darien Patch.
- On Friday, there's a number of activities taking place, including 5th Annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival & Santa’s Workshop in Greenwich, a Red Cross blood drive at St. Aloysius in New Canaan, the New Canaan annual alumni hockey game at the Darien Ice Rink, and the SoNo Marketplace Cantinas Holiday Fair in Norwalk.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something